Monday, June 1, 2009

Tintype Workshop.






So it has being about a year since I first started shooting Tintypes.
Every shoot has being in the studio with the darkroom close by because of the process.
Also every  shoot I had done I hired Tintype technician to make pour,process,develop,fix & wash my plates.
I recently took a workshop put on by Rayko which took this process outside as Michael the manager had built a mobile darkroom.
I hired a model & we shot in the Marin headlines.
I initial thought I would not be into at all the chemical side of things and pouring my own plates & developing them but it was part of the workshop. I loved it!
Now that I can shoot tintypes outside I look forward to creating many more masterpieces.
The plate that I show was my first every pour & if I do so myself I did a damn fine job of it.

1 comment:

Pro Camera Rentals said...

Love that tow-able darkroom! What a great body of work you are doing in tin types!